I have definitely been in a funk today. No matter how hard I tried to stop it or hide it, there it was. And I don't know why.
Wonderdad has asked me about ten times "What is wrong today?" and all I can say is "nothing", because I can't really put my finger on it. Ever had one of those days?
I think it all started when Babygirl had nightmares last night and came to my bed. Not that this bothered me, it happens a lot and I really don't mind. But to get woken up early on a Saturday is a bummer, no matter what the reason.
But then we went into town and did a little shopping, spoiled the kids a bit with a milkshake, and I felt a little better. Then we went to the library, and I got a couple of chick-lit books that look OK to get into till my class starts in March. After we got home, I took the kids (and the dog) on a jog around the neighborhood because it was about 30 degrees (whoo-hoo!) and I felt even better. That dog was just about ecstatic. We had a lot of ice to look out for, but it was nice.
Ladies and gentlemen, I think I got a bona-fide case of cabin fever and winter blues (and I think the dog does too). And its only February. I'm in trouble. Man, how I long for the warm weather. Not even hot. I'd settle for mid 40s or so.
While I was out I got myself one of those supercool body-ball exercise thingies. Basically it's a big blue ball. But it came with a workout DVD and it really gave me an OK workout. But the best part of the deal was, it also came with one of those relaxation music CDs! I LOVE those. They can get me in the mood to sleep in a heartbeat, and I almost never make it to the third song. And this is a particularly good one, with pan flutes and water sounds, and soft piano music. I think it was worth the $17.00 just for that CD. Oh, but the ball is good too.
So after jogging about a half a mile, body-ball thingy workout, and some yoga stretching after that, I am feeling almost human again, and I am in a much better mood. Just in time to go to bed.
I hope it's warm tomorrow!
Oh, and yee-haw for spell-check working again!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Winter Blues
Posted by Military Mom at 10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
If it helps any- I get like that. There is not always a reason, but sometimes I am just in a mood. Glad you were able to get out a bit and refresh your spirit. That music CD sounds relaxing.
I'm ready for spring (or at least 50's) myself.
We have the same big blue ball. I can't look at it without thinking of being in labor. I spent at least 4 hours on that stupid ball in the hospital before Bear made his arrival.
I'm glad you find it much more relaxing!!
I used to love those exercise balls. I miss sitting on them and working with the physical therapy patients.
I had the same sort of day yesterday. I'm ready to play in the garden now. Now. NOW!
I get that way too. Fortunately here we had a sunny, sunny day today, and we spent the entire day outside walking around Newport, which is a lovely place to walk around (except all the sidewalks are iced over at the moment, which sort of sucks, but it should melt soon).
I also visited a book sale, and how can you be sad when you get to buy books for cheap?!
Glad you're feeling better now!! *HUGS*
we all have those days, girlie. yes! those relaxation cd's has gotten me through MANY bad days when my daughters were younger. whew! good investment. i have one of those balls too, but haven't used it in a while. glad you're feeling better! hang in there. the balmy 40 degree days are coming!
:)
maria
Poopy. We all get like that. I hope your weekend got better.
I've always wanted a big blue body ball, but with my dinky apartment, there is really NOWHERE to store the thing.
I can totally understand your cabin fever. You just end up to the point like, when is Spring going to get here already!
Winter blahs are never good. The cloudy skies don't help us humans at all. Maybe get a UV light? Take some extra vitamin D? Something.
Glad you got out of the house, though! You need to get back here to GA! The daffodils are coming up and the redbuds are out already (ducking to miss the punch!).
I share your pain! I'm having one of those days right now. Marine has already chastized me for getting up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Ick.
Ohhhh, nightmares. Yup, I know all about those. I've been plagued by nightmares my entire life and it seems as if I've passed this gene down to my kids.
Sorry you're feeling blue.
Hope you're back to feeling yourself soon!!
Post a Comment