BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Still Meh.

Hello all you bloggy people (she said in her best Droopy Dog voice).

I guess the reason I haven't really been around lately, is that I just haven't really had anything worth blogging about going on. Not to be whiny, but life is a little boring right now, and I'm a little blue. And I really think it's an online epidemic. Why? Because of this, this, this, and this.



See, it's not just me. I think lots of people are just a little icky right now. It's the weather, and the time of year. You know, after the holidays, and before the summer. It's just a lull in activity and nothing to really look forward to. Ya know?


So because I am among the uninspired, you get treated to a book review and a very cute picture of Babygirl. Lucky you.

The book I just finished was called Bitter is the New Black, by Jen Lancaster. Jen is a blogger! And she is incredibly funny. This book is about how Jen, as a snotty rich dot.com chick lost her job and basically got her comeuppance. What is cool is that Jen uses real names and real references to TV shows and such. It's not really fictional, because it's about her real life experiences. Reading this book is like reading a REALLY good blog. I couldn't put it down. I am on to her next book now, called Bright Lights, Big Ass. Yeah. It's good. Check out her blog, Jennsylvania. And seriously, read her book. If you like Chick-lit even a little bit, you'll love it.

Also, courtesy of LunaNik (seriously, how cute are those cherries?), here is a pic of the supermodel Babygirl herself.

OK, so I can't post the pic in this post. It's in the post above this one. Still cute as a junebig,on her first day of Kindergarten.

Later taters.

10 comments:

Pam said...

I too have the blahs! Hopefully spring will come soon. If I ever find time to read something other then the million books Ashlyn likes- I will have to check that book out!

bluesleepy said...

The blahs are catching?!?! ACK!! We need to plan a trip en masse to somewhere warm. My in-laws live in Tucson. My MIL told me it was just 80ยบ there today. C'mon, MM! Let's go!!! ;o)

Karen said...

I'm glad to hear that you only have the blahs, because way too many bloggers have the flu.

LunaNik said...

You're right! Everyone seems to either have the bloggy blues or has some IRL crisis going on. Weird.

P.S. Thanks for the shout out!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

You know, it is the time of year. The season. It's the winter-time blahs. You'll be back on your game before you know it! Spring will be here and we'll all be back in the groove.

Unknown said...

Maybe it's contagious... Over the interwebs, even...

Robyn said...

You're right, there's definitely a case of the "blahs" going around! I just read the SAME book and loved it, too! The footnotes bothered me at first, I was getting dizzy from always looking at the bottom of the page, but then I couldn't put it down! I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife right now and it is equally addictive.

Don't worry, spring IS on it's way...!

icanseeclearlynow said...

umm...HELLO this "still meh" post was jam packed with really good blogs and a great book excerpt! i don't want to sound selfish, but even with the blahs your posts are great! i hope you're feeling better soon, girlie.

:)

maria

Burgh Baby said...

I really, really like snow, but even I have about had it. It's almost March, for goodness sake. Bring on the daffodils and sunshine already.

Reluctant Runner said...

Yup, there's definitely a case of the "blahs" going around. Thank goodness for cute kids -- and yours is adorable! Take care.