BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks for the Award!



My bloggy friend Pam at Random Thoughts was kind enough to bestow this award on me, and I would like to pass it on! So this award goes out to Little Diver, Life Turned Upside Down, and Cardiogirl, and Not Afraid to Use It for always leaving me nice comments and brightening my day! I have met so many great people since I started this blog, and I appreciate you all. I can't wait to meet a few more!

My holiday was pretty good, and it was nice to get together with my brother again. Of course I have lots of running to do to make up for it, but I'll worry about that tomorrow. OK, maybe later tonight. My run miles have been virtually non-existent this week, and feel pretty guilty about that, but I'll get back on track next week. I'll try to get in the 6 miles, but I'm not holding my breath.

There is not enough money in the world that will convince me to get out of bed at 0400 to go shopping on Black Friday. OK, I'll admit my husband and I went to Wal-Mart in Atlanta about 6 years ago really early to see is the discounts were really that good. We left after about an hour, having made it about 20 feet inside the door, and we felt like we had been mugged. We were so frustrated and appalled at the behavior of the other shoppers. We saw ladies fighting over toys! Actually fighting! We were back home before 0600. NEVER AGAIN. What is it about this day that make perfectly reasonable and otherwise very nice people go completely insane over 10% off DVD players? Or sweet stay at home Moms want to punch a grandmother for a Cabbage Patch Kid? Its pure madness, and I refuse to be a part of it. I guess combat shopping is not my style. Props to any of you who do it year after year, you're much braver than me.

It feels so good to know I still have another 2 days off! I know the next 3 months at work are going to be a nightmare, and it all starts on Monday. Let's just say, we got a lot of explaining to do, and our inspectors will be here in January. Thank God Christmas is in between to give us all a brief rest. We will so need it by then. Our Commander is really driving us into the ground lately. Rightly so, I know, but I think he forgets that WE are not the squadron that made the horrendous mistake to begin with. I understand he is maybe fearful about losing his command, but still, people need to be motivated with more than fear. OK, I feel better now. I can't really say these things out loud, as all of my friends around here work with me. Thank God for blogging!

Maybe I'll hop on the treadmill for awhile. Then maybe I'll treat myself to a movie or something. Have a good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so kind! Thank you MM!

I love looking at Black Friday in military hours and talking about getting up at 0400 hours to engage in combat at Walmart at 0500 hours!

Hey, how long did it take you to not have to translate 1600 hours in your head? Any time I hear that, which is not often at all, I have do the math in my head. It goes something like this: What?! Hmm, 16 minus 12 equals 4. Oh, okay, 4 in the afternoon.

And I wonder how long it took you to just know what 1900 hours means on a dime (without the pause to translate).

Thanks again for the award!

Pam said...

I'm with you on the Black Friday shopping! I don't do it. I don't think I am that dedicated to my Christmas shopping. The first thing that turns me off is the actually getting up that early...then all those people.....and finally the behavior of all those people. Nice to know I am not the only person who didn't get up and go out!

Sorry to hear about work! I hope that it goes by quickly and things get better once your inspection comes around.

Finally, so glad you took the award! You deserve it and I enjoy reading your blog and the comments you leave me. I'm sure it is the first of many to come your way!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Oh my god! What a cool Monday gift! Thanks so much for thinking of me!

I actually felt badly that I missed out on the Black Friday shopping this year. We live in way too remote of an area to participate. Your post helped remind me that it isn't all it is cracked up to be. Plus, I saved money by not going! LOL

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I, too, love knowing that there are people out there that don't "know" me but stand behind and beside me.

I didn't make it our for Black Friday and never even thought about trying it. People are crazy when it comes to that stuff!