BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day of Thanks, and turkey, and pie...

I jinxed it when I was happy about the weather yesterday. We have a good bit of snow this morning, maybe 1.5 inches or so. The kids are soooooooo happy; I want to curl up with a cup of coffee and a good book.

I got the turkey in, all 17 lbs of it. I wonder how much it weighs after you take out all the giblets and the neck and stuff. It seems like there was a lot of extra stuff this year. And there was no red button! Aren't all Butterballs supposed to have red buttons? Well, in 5 hours or so, it will all be worth it.

My brother is coming over here today if I have to drag him over by his very short hair (he is military too). His family had to leave town for the 4 day weekend, so he is alone. But did he call and tell us that? No, not until late last night. Not a big deal, he knows he has a standing invitation all the time, but he always makes it seems like he has nowhere to go. He'll be here.

Its amazing the things you can get kids to do when they want to go play in the snow. Already this morning I have had both the bathrooms cleaned, the kitchen is in progress, and Babygirl's room is sort of straightened up (not really). All so they can go outside, freeze for 30 minutes or so, then come in and beg for hot chocolate. I bet I could get them to do all the laundry and paint the house if I wanted. They are so funny. I know its bad to take advantage, but dang, its so hard to get them to do their chores, I take it when I can. At least its sunny outside. They have all winter to be cooped up in the house, I just have to let them out when I can.

I started reading White Oleander again last night. It was written by Janet Fitch. This is an excellent book, even thought the movie wasn't that good (more like a Lifetime movie than Hollywood). Its all about a girl who has to go from foster home to foster home because her mother is in jail for murder. I know it sounds somber, and it is, but its hard to put down.

I think The Family Man (Nicholas Cage) is on tonight. I love that movie! If you get a chance, make sure you see it.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! We can all have a collective sigh, and get on the treadmill tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I think you are a creative mom using the snow to help get the chores done! Way to go! Hope your Thanksgiving is going well! Eat up! You can work it off later!

Little Diver said...

You are gorgeous too you know! I love you very much and I am so thankful for you also. I wish we could have had turkey together...soon damn it!!!