BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

I am WELL!

Scan results in - and I am officially cancer free!

Relief, happiness, optimism, and joy!

Now I can focus on reconditioning and getting my life back on track. I met with the exercise physiologist on base today, and he created a program to slowly get me back in shape. I went to him because I know myself - I always either over do it, or I don't do it at all. I don't want to injure myself trying to get back to where I was. The last thing I need is to blow out a knee. So he is wanting me to go really slow and ease my way back. It might be hard, I really want to just go for it and start sweating again. But I know I have to take the time and do it right or I'll regret it.

Next Tuesday I will have the surgery to take this port (like a central line) out. Pretty minor, but I am elated to have it happen so fast. Just the fact my Oncologist ordered it makes me happy, because he wouldn't let it happen if he thought I'd need it again. I will still have periodic scans for a few years, but my Dr. thinks it is gone for good. THANK YOU GOD! And please let my hair grow fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! What fabulous news! Take it easy, take it slow, and you'll end up stronger than ever.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

AWESOME hon! That's so great! I guess, as I type this, you're having the port removed. Dude. See if they'll give it to you and then smash that f***er!

So very happy for you, hon!