This week has been one of the best weeks I've had in a very long time. And now that it is over, I can reflect on some of what I've learned:
1. When you're sick, having your Mom around is just essential. Even if you are 35. Even if you haven't lived at home in 17 years. Even if it is just for a week.
2. No matter how hard you try to stop her, your Mom WILL clean your house and do your laundry and spoil your family. Just enjoy it and quit stressing.
3. Children who haven't seen their Grammy in 4 years will absolutely remember her and cling to her and ache for her when she leaves.
4. Massages aren't a luxury; they are a form of mental and physical therapy. And it is important to indulge now and then.
5. Losing your hair is not quite as traumatic when your whole family participates and your Mom is there to make it OK.
6. Grammy can as easily spoil a dog as she can children. The dog even misses her.
7. Meatballs taste better when your Mom makes them. So does coffee.
8. Mom will come armed with snugly pajamas and loads of encouragement. And she will tell you that you are beautiful while she tries not to tear up while looking at your scars.
9. Trying to read blogs and keep up with a Google Reader is impossible when your Mom is in town.
10. For knowing how much I needed and wanted my Mom, my husband ROCKS for bringing her here.
Bye Mom, thanks for coming. I miss you already. Lord, give me strength to get through the next few months without you.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Just what I needed...
Posted by Military Mom at 8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
When things went all pear shaped for me several years ago, the only person I could count was my Mom. It had taken me 36 years to realize it, but I've certainly never forgotten it. You're Mom does indeed rule!!
I'm so glad she was able to come out and get you through some of this! Moms are really the best, no matter how old you get. And mad props go to your husband for bringing your mom out. Hopefully she'll be able to make another trip out to help you during this difficult time. *HUGS*
She has always had the knack. I recall her making hot co-co after I crashed up the from of the Mustang.
Glad to hear you sound chipper.
Tim-o-t
oh yyaaaayyyyhh! sounds like your mom was just what the doctor (and hubby) ordered! everything on your list sounds wonderful. and it sounds like you did a lot of smiling last week. i am happy for you!
Our Mother rules!!!!! I am happy that she was able to go and I hope that I can be there sometime this year!!! I love you...and yes Mom will spoil the dog too!!! Yeah for Sherwood! Miss you soo much! Little Diver
I am so glad that your mom's visit was so wonderful for you. It sounds like you needed it. How amazing to feel that sense of renewal and help. Though the blog thing does suck. I feel that way when we have company. LOL
Post a Comment