Is it me or is it getting a little sparse around here? School and work has kept me very busy, but really, I just can't find a whole lot to write about these days.
I seem to be less content with things these days, and I get frustrated a lot easier. Why is that?
Maybe it's because the weather is changing and it's getting cold again. Or maybe I can't seem to get a grasp on my job and all that it entails, running a shop of 20 young men (2 of whom are deployed). Or maybe its because when I am at home, everything seems chaotic and loud, and rarely just happy. Or maybe I am just cracking up and need a nice vacation.
I went to the doc for my annual not really a physical physical. This is where you fill out a bunch of forms, get blood drawn, and sit down with a skinny 20 year old med tech (who is smug and you know HER life is perfect and she never eats meat or drinks soda or anything remotely unhealthy) and tell them if you think there are any problems that need addressed (yes this is the AF's idea of a physical). Turns out that I am STILL lacking in depth perception like I have been for 12 years, and once again there is no significant hearing loss since last year, even though I think it's worse. Did I mention I work in a noisy shop and on the flightline? With jet engines running? Oh, and I am due for a woman's health exam. Joy.
And it turns out that drinking soda and eating chocolate is bad for you. Really? News to me! Skinny smug bitch. I want to see her in 5 years after she has squeezed out a kid or 2, and see how smug she is then.
The only problem I would like to see addressed is the fact that in 4 years I have never met my Primary Care Manager (AKA: my doctor) and I am beginning to wonder if he exists.
Guess I should be grateful that I am healthy enough not to have needed it, but I am tired of med techs and nurses all the time. Is it really so hard for the military to let their doctors actually treat their patients in person? Not through a middleman? I guess nowadays I should just be grateful for health care at all. I think the AF is finally getting to me. Don't worry, I'm sure it will pass like it always does.
Next week starts 12 hour shifts again, for a week. Then I get a week of regular shifts, then another 2 weeks of 12's. October sounds like superfun. One of my SSgt's did a stupid thing this week and I got to spend Friday shuttling him between ass chewings from commanders. Next week I get to present him with the Letter of Reprimand I wrote him Friday. And this is a grown man. Why do I feel like a babysitter?
Macroeconomics and Counseling finals next week. Wish me luck-I really need it.
Oh, and I still read all of your posts everyday; I just haven't been commenting much lately. I am sorry. I know that there are some of you that are having bigger problems, like Lisa, and some of you are busier, like BlueSleepy. I am just super whiney today. I should just deal and get over it, no?
Sorry this is such a negative post, I guess I'm just in a bad mood. Maybe BigSibling has a few words of encouragement? He always makes me laugh out loud!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Grumbling at its worst
Posted by Military Mom at 3:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heh. Maybe you feel like a babysitter because as a senior enlisted person, you ARE one!!! At the Khaki Ball last night, that's exactly what the speaker said to the Chiefs, that the Chiefs (E-7 to E-9 in the Navy) are who's raising the young sailors. It's frustrating, though.
That's odd that you've never seen your PCM. Our vitals are taken by a corpsman (med tech, I guess is what they're called in the Air Force), but then the PCM comes in to treat us. The corpsmen generally have no personality, and no common sense. I'd hate to be seen only by them.
I think I'd be grumpy if I were you.
Good luck with the tests, and Hang in there!
Post a Comment