BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Busy week!

I have been "about to" write a good post for a few days now, but the words just weren't coming. I'm sorry my blog has been sp sparse this week. I have read so many thought provoking articles, and I saw a very thought provoking movie last week, and I wanted to write about that. But this past week has been very busy and finding time to post has proved difficult.


This past week had been nothing but work, exercise, and school. I have worked out every day this week, except Thursday. I took 2 tests last week for school (I'm getting a 90 in Accounting!), and I have homework still to do this weekend.


Yesterday I had the day off, and I spent the whole day looking for something fun to do with the kids. Wonderdad finally had a chance to play golf for the first time in 2 years (Yay!). So I took the kids up to the skills center on base to paint a piece of pottery. That was a bust because none of the pre-molded pieces were fired and they could not be painted. So then I took them to the base indoor kid center (called Treasure Island). The kids love that place because they have a rock wall, mini golf, batting cages, video games, and a skate park. Of course the place was closed. So we went to the bowling alley. They were closed for tournaments till 3:30. GGGGgrrrrrrrrrr! So I called the indoor pool, but they were closed for lap swimming all day. I finally gave up and we went home. But on the way stopped at the coffee hut and got them all a gourmet hot chocolate with whipped cream. The kids spent the rest of the day playing outside with their friends. When Dad got home I went to the gym. For dinner we went to the bowling alley and had greasy burgers and bowled a game. The kids even all wore white shirts, you know just in case the black lights were on (they weren't). A good time was had by all. What did I take away from yesterday? There's absolutely nothing to do with the kids on a weekday afternoon. I feel sorry for the SAHM's on base.


I finished the night by watching The Planet of the Apes! And I mean the original 1968 version, not the horrible re-make. I LOVE that movie; "Get your paws off me, you damn dirty APE!" I Love Charlton Heston. Did you know Rod Serling wrote that screenplay? Mr. Twilight Zone himself! The scene at the end always gets to me, when they show the Statue of Liberty sticking up out of the sand. I also find it interesting that the beginning scenes show what looks like the Grand Canyon, but the end shows them on a beach with the Statue of Liberty. Either Heston covered a lot of ground in a short period of time, or us humans royally f-ed up the environment BAD! I think I can guess what in inferred. I am not a greeny or a tree hugger, but dang.


Tonight we are going to my brother's house to celebrate my niece's 10th birthday. It should be a good time, and since its Saturday night, maybe they won't herd us out the door as soon as the last bite is eaten, like usual. We have a lot of chores to do this afternoon, since I have been so busy this week.


Anticipated posts this week:

1. The mess the base is making of my nice quiet street


3. Removal of girls from the Warren Jeffs compound

4. Wonderdad's new job


Not necessarily in that order. Hopefully I'll have time to actually write them this week. Have a great weekend all. TTFN.


4 comments:

Pam said...

Don't sweat the not posting...life must come first. Sounds like you are super busy! Glad you are getting time to exercise (I know you want to do well with your run coming up). Enjoy your weekend!

bluesleepy said...

You would think the base would organize the times so that SOMETHING was open at any given time! About the only thing we have on base here is a bowling alley. It's nice, but extremely small. And for some reason, it's not as cheap as it was on the base in Washington! Go figure. I would looooove to have that Treasure Island center you've got on base. That sounds like a mother's dream! ;o)

Good job on your accounting grade!! You rock!!

namaste said...

congrats on your accounting grade! hey, life gets busy. no need to apologize for not being here. happy birthday to your niece!

:)

~m

LunaNik said...

Oh, I love Planet of the Apes too!!! And yes, the original.

looking forward to your post about the compound.