BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saluting S.A.M.S.


So last night I was just sitting around, bored and blog hopping. I was looking around at all the blogs that were listed on the 5 Minutes for Mom blog party, and it occured to me that there are a lot of military bloggers out there! OK, most are spouses or mothers of military members, but still! So I thought, wouldn't it be great if there was a site where all of these military people could get together and share? They could swap stories, get to know each other, and learn tricks of the trade. So I played around a bit, and Saluting S.A.M.S. was born.


Take a look. What do you think? I'm getting better at this HTML thing, no? It may tank in the first few weeks, OR, it could become a really cool place to hang out, given I get a few really cool contributers. What I would love is if I could get several miltary spouses or members to write and share, and we could just become one big community. What? It could work!


If you would like to become a contributer, please let me know either by leaving a comment here, or e-mailing me (the address is on my profile). I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you! Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve the site, please tell me. I welcome feedback.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Look at you go! Great work. I just wish I was in the military now so that I could be part of the fun. Oh well...I will just have to be happy hanging out with you here!

bluesleepy said...

Wow, what a great idea!! I think I could contribute, if you wanted me to. ;o)

LunaNik said...

I think it's a great idea! My only suggestion would be that if it turns into a site with multiple contributors, then I would take the "About Me" off of the sidebar.

Sweet.

Burgh Baby said...

Great idea! There should be no shortage of contributors available, you'll just have to hunt them down.

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea - as someone else said I'm sad that I can't get involved! Give it a chance to kick off anyway, the word takes time to get around. Good luck!