BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday Randomness

Happy Monday all. Just a few thoughts today; no cohesive direction at all. You've been warned.

I took 2 and a half weeks off, in order to study for my promotion test on the 20th. So far I haven't cracked a book today, but its early yet. Lord, I pray I can stay focused. But since we got our taxes back, there are a few things I need to do, a few bills to finally pay off, and stuff like that. I could procrastinate for a week if I wanted. Hopefully I can stay on track.

Bluesleepy and CMGD commented on my Mississippi Idiocy post, and they suggested banning High Fructose Corn Syrup. It reminded me that I did a post about that very thing back when I first started this blog. So, here's the link to it, since most of you didn't know I existed back then, hehe. For the record, I think that a ban on HFCS would be great for the obesity rates, but horrible for our pocketbooks. Guess it comes down to what is more important, doesn't it? I would be willing to pay more to keep me and my family healthy.

I hear there was some kind of big football game on last night? Did you catch it? I didn't watch the Super Bowl, because I am not a football fan, but I hear the Giants won in a spectacular last minute save. How do I know this? Because Wonderdad whooped and hollared so loud the whole neighborhood heard him! Guess he was just a little bit happy about it. Anyway, glad his team won. BTW, I did get a look at the Justin Timberlake commercial, and I laughed so hard, especially the part where he keeps hitting the mailbox post! Maybe it's just me, but nothing's funnier than seeing JT get his balls busted repeatedly!

And speaking of the Super Bowl, I always watch the half time show, even if I don't watch the game. And was Tom Petty not the smoothest thing you ever saw? I was so psyched that they finally had a half time show that KICKED ASS! Yeah, I know he's getting old, but his voice is still like buttah! I have loved that man's voice since I was a kid, and I still do. Look at this post, and see #6, and that will tell you how much my family enjoyed this show. The kids and I were singing a rousing chorus of "Tree Farting" at the top of our lungs! So much fun. He was WAY better than Janet and JT, and Kelly Clarkson, but Prince was pretty good last year, I must say. I was thinking that if Tom Petty tried to get a contract in 2008, they would turn him down flat. He doesn't have that "rock star look" does he? So sad, that explains why today's music kinda sucks, they care too much about looks and not enough about TALENT.

Enough about the Super Bowl already. Let's move on to the next great thing! Shopping!

Yesterday we went up tho the BX to get a few things, and we saw that they were having a 50% off sale on kids coats! We got Babygirl and the Bear (9) an new winter coat, and we paid $27. Yes, that's 2 winter coats for $27. No lie. I'll get pictures when they get home from school, but they are the cutest coats. Babygirl's is a black, knee length with pink trim (very pop-starrish), and Bear's is an olive green that looks like military parka (I have one just like it). He is all about military garb and we can't get him to wear anything but camo pants, so this was perfect for him. We also ended up getting the new Hannah Montana/ Mylie Cyrus CD for Babygirl. AND SHE LOVES IT! I'll be hearing it in my sleep for weeks.
***Update- Here's the Bear and Babygirl in their new coats!

OK, guess I'll get moving and try to get a bit of studying in, grumblegrumble. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll check back in later. Oh hell, you know I will.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm actually for banning HFCS and think the added cost would be offset by the money saved on the treatment of the many, many complications obesity causes - i.e. hypertension, diabetes, joint pain.

I haven't cut HFCS completely out of my diet, but I am more conscientious when I purchase foods and try to limit the amount of HFCS I consume. Within a week of LIMITING my intake, I lost 5 lbs... Kind of scary, no?

Pam said...

You should make a ticker to countdown to your test date. Because I WANT to remember and wish you luck and be thinking of you on that day...but you know will all the stuff in my own brain....I need a ticker ;)

Wow- that is a GREAT deal on coats - can't wait to see the coats!!

I left you an award on my blog...but I see now that you already got it from someone else! Sorry!

icanseeclearlynow said...

procrastination is a wretched disease that grabs hold of me often. *sigh*

wow! great deal you got there on those winter coats. i LOVE a money saving find!

:)

maria

bluesleepy said...

Kurt won't drink soda overseas because it HASN'T got HFCS in it, and he says it tastes funny. Most counties don't use it, and there is no good reason for us to use it either.

I LOVED the Justin Timberlake commercial. That totally cracked me up! I even went online to where they were posting the Super Bowl ads and watched it several more times. I love the end where he says, "Well, hello!" all sexy-like, and then gets whammied by the car door. AWESOME.

I'm kind of annoyed at the NFL, though. They haven't had a female performer for the half time show since the Janet Jackson debacle. Do they think ALL women are going to experience a wardrobe malfunction?? Yes, Tom Petty is THE MAN (I love him too -- don't fear), but the last four years, they've had aging male rockers for the half time show. Sheesh!

Pam said...

Love the coat pic! The black coat with pink trim- very cute!! And, thanks for the ticker!!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Step away from the computer and study! :-)

Awesome coats and I'm glad Wonderdad's team won. Me? Went out with the mother to see 27 Dresses.

LunaNik said...

I love the ban on HFCS idea. Here's another one for you...implement a tax on junk food.

Put that money into healthcare.

People eat less junk because it costs more...therefore getting healthier. People who eat junk and get sick from it supplement the extra strain on the healthcare industry by paying the tax.

AND...good luck with studying

AND...the kiddos are adorable ;)