BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

OK, here's one...

OK, you know what? I do have an issue on my mind, and that is the issue of the Honor Killing that took place in Texas last week. Here's a link if you want the story.

All I have to say is, why the HELL was this family living in AMERICA if the father was not wanting his daughters to be westernized???

Apparently he wanted them to be outcasts, living under a veil in an American high school, and subservient all of their lives. If that was the case, he should never have been living in this country. And I feel so bad for his wife and son. These beautiful, SMART girls deserved the chance to live out their dreams, whatever they may have been. Who knows, he may well have killed the woman who would have cured breast cancer, or been a president.

I hope they find this bastard and I hope he gets what he deserves. What a coward. He can kill for his convictions, but he can't face the consequences. COWARD!

The week before, a father killed his daughter because she wouldn't wear a hijab. In Canada. Again, why was he in Canada? At least he was caught. I just don't understand this culture. How can you murder your own children? For honor? How can murder be honorable?

14 comments:

bluesleepy said...

I agree with you that this is a monstrous thing to have happened. I can't imagine killing my kids, for any reason. If that father didn't want his girls to become Westernized, he should never have come to this country.

But these people who do such heinous things in the name of any religion are taking their religion to an extreme. I would liken it to the Christian pro-lifers who blow up abortion clinics.

Pam said...

I agree with you! This is terrible and ugly! How can anyone do this to their own child? Stay in your own country if you don't want to live this way...that's all I can say.

Anonymous said...

To one with a highly experienced eye, it is obvious the murders of the beautiful Said sisters of suburban Dallas were dishonor killings.

Ellen R. Sheeley, Author
"Reclaiming Honor in Jordan"

Military Mom said...

Thank you for your coment, ERS. How did you happen upon my little blog?

bluesleepy said...

RYC -- Thanks for sharing that blog entry of yours with me! I totally agree. Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention; Kurt won't drink soda overseas because they don't contain HFCS. Everyone else uses sugar!!

The rolls I talk about in my blog take about an hour from nothing to fresh hot rolls. Most of it is just waiting to rise, though. So if you want to make them for dinner, start them, then do everything else!!

bluesleepy said...

Hee hee -- I just figured it out myself over the last couple of days!! RYC = Regarding Your Comment.

LunaNik said...

reading that article made my heart ache. such a terrible, disgusting thing. things like this make me wish that there were no such thing as "cruel and unusual punishment" in the US. i sooooo think that bastard deserves a cruel punishment

Military Mom said...

Lunanik-absolutely agree! But he's not man enough to come forward! I'm sure he's back in the Mid-East now, wonderig how his life went to wrong!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

OK, I'm in total agreement with you. When they catch this guy and put him in prison ('cause, ironically, I don't believe in the death penalty) I think he should be required to wear a hijab or burqua for the rest of his life! Ass!

Anonymous said...

Thank FECK somebody finally explained RYC...

As for the stories...I can never equate that kind of violence with a parent's love, never. Why kill them? Ground them, move away, make their lives a misery but at least let them live. I just don't understand why he wanted them to die over it. So evil...

Melanie said...

I don't understand how any parent could ever kill their own child. It's sick.

Livin' With Me

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Wow. I had not heard this story. That poor mother. How absolutely awful for those women.

Sudiegirl said...

This world never ceases to sicken me when stories like this pop up.

Cricky said...

It's a right shame that people like this can still roam the Earth.

As my husband says - It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.