BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm a Top Momma!

For reasons unknown to me, I have made it to the front page of the Top Momma website; quite an honor I'm told! See the Top Momma button on the right? Click it to keep me on top! The picture below it is what my piic on the website looks like. I stole it from my sister, hehe. Not that it matters, but its cool to get so many new readers and visitors from it. And I'm in good company too, because Burgh Baby is on there, as well as the Tattooed Mama.

I'm feeling slightly less icky today. After the kids left for school this morning, I went back to bed and slept till noon! And it felt awesome! You're talking to a girl who gets up at 0530 most days. Of course Wonderdad gives me my weekend mornings, but sleeping in on a workday is a rare treat, especially when the kids aren't home. The sickness is still lingering, but the drugs have made a big difference, and I still have 2 days to get better before I have to work again.

I made chicken pot pie tonight, and the recipe is so incredibly easy I had to share it.

2 cans of chicken
2 cans of veg-all
2 cans of cream of chicken
1 box of 2 pie crust rolls (I use the Pillsbury kind)

I use the Pampered Chef big stone bowl, but any casserole will do. Lay out the first pie crust. Get a big bowl, mix the chicken (strain one can), veg-all (strain one can), and the cream of chicken and stir it. Pour it over the pie crust, and lay the other crust on top. Perforate the dough to let the steam out. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. My kids totally love this and they even eat ALL the veggies in it. Totally not diet food though, very high calorie, but great comfort food. And I totally wanted comfort food tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came to your blog via TopMomma earlier today. My dh is in the AF too. We're stuck here in Hell, I mean the DC area. Of course, I've heard Minot isn't much better.

I also see you "know" Lunanik. She's pretty cool!

Good luck on Top Momma and have a great weekend!

Pam said...

Glad you are feeling a little better- I think you infected my computer (and me) though because now I am feeling yukky. Okay, I know I didn't get it from you....

Seriously, I am glad you are feeling better. Hopefully you can get some more rest this weekend and sleep in more.

That chicken pot pie sounds yummy (and easy- I love easy). I will have to try it! You know I love new recipes!

LunaNik said...

Gave you some clicky love on Top Momma so that you stay on the front page!

The pot pie sounds delish! Maybe I could do a vegetarian version...hmmm...

Amy said...

i hope you don't mind me stopping by. i was just blog hoping. this recipe sounds great, and i just might try it. thanks.

Anonymous said...

My daughter would love that chicken pot pie recipe!

Military Mom said...

Thanks for the nice comments Twisted Cindy and Amy!