Seriously, wasn't it just yesterday we were all freaking out over Y2K? Where has the last 10 years or so gone?
Last night was a pretty good time, considering we just hung around the house. My brother came over, we had some burgers, and watched the Australian guy break the world record by jumping over a football field on a motorbike, not once, but twice! It was pretty cool, I was convinced he was going to die right there on live TV. The kids were pretty impressed too.
At 11:00 pm my sister (AKA Little Diver) called to talk, because it was midnight her time, and it was great to talk to her. Man I wish just once we could all celebrate New Years together, all 4 of us "kids". But we have been scattered for quite a long time now. My baby brother, who is now 26, spent the New Year with his new girlfriend in Florida. I'm jealous; I hear the weather was great there. I bet they even got fireworks.
The kids all stayed up to celebrate New Years. Even Babygirl. They got to drink sparkling grape juice for the toast. When Babygirl tried to smell hers, and got bubbles up her nose, it scared the hell out of her and she cried! It was all I could do not to laugh at her, but she was so cute. They went to bed around 12:10 AM and they were out cold immediately. I stayed up a few more hours and reminisced with my brother and hubby, and drank about 3/4 of a bottle of wine. And not the "Good" wine either, but the Arbor Mist $4.00 a bottle twist cap wine. It was fantastic, because I can't drink real wine. It just tastes way too bitter for me. I am purely the fruity girl drink type. Go ahead and laugh.
By the time I got up today, at 11:00, my brother had already left and everyone was up. So I guess I'm starting the new year off a little behind the power curve. I hate Resolutions because I never keep them, but I have a few goals for the year, and a few things I'd like to do this year.
1. Get promoted to Master Sergeant
2. Get back in school in April
3. Get in better shape and decrease my 1.5 mile run time
I would also love to get a new tattoo before my friend/artist moves to Germany in June. And I would like to get a bike before the summer and start riding for exercise with my kids. And I want to get better at keeping in touch with my friends, who are scattered all over the globe, so we can continue to be friends. I've lost touch with so many people over the years.
Wonderdad wants to start a home PC repair/data recovery business this year, and I want to help him with that. Looks like this year is going to be busy and interesting.
I have read other blogs where people are sad their kids are getting another year older, but I am excited. I am so excited about the people my kids are becoming. I can't wait to know my sons as men, because I know they are going to be so wonderful. And my daughter, frankly she scares me. She is already a handful at 5; the teen years won't be fun.
This post has been pretty much all about me, me, me! Sorry. I keep having good ideas for posts, then I forget about them. Maybe I'll start writing them down, so you won't get bored. Have a great day everyone. Back to work tomorrow. Bummer.
I wish you all a happy New Year, and I hope all your wished and plans come to light. It's gonna be a great year!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
2008 Already?
Posted by Military Mom at 12:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy New Year MM! I am glad you had some time to relax and rest last night and enjoy yourself. By the way - I am a fruity drink type girl myself! Can't stand the taste of the real stuff.
Sounds like you have some great goals and are going to be busy! I can't wait to hear all about it in the coming year!
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! I am happy that you all had a great time last night! I love you all!!!
You know? I'm with you in the kid department. I can't get sad, either, about them growing up. I mean, I miss the baby snuggles. But I can't wait to see what kind of cool people they become. It's going to be awesome!
Happy New Year, hon, and I hope you get that Master Sergeant promotion. More money is ALWAYS a good thing!
Uh - don't worry about your blog post being about you. It's YOUR blog, right?
You already have a helluva more interesting life than I do, so there!
Happy gnu year!
My 1.5 mile run time is AWESOME, but that's because I drive it.
Happy New Year! And, you can post about yourself all you want- it's your blog ;)
Happy New Year! You may as well drink something you like and enjoy!! Who cares what anyone else thinks. It's your blog, write about yourself all you like :) I'm sad about my babies growing up...I'll be lost when they start doing their own thing...
Post a Comment