Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the death of Saddam Hussein. He was simply the most evil thing ever to walk the planet, period. Today I just remember the brave men that yanked him from his hidey hole, and showed enough restraint to NOT kill him on the spot, which I'm sure must have crossed their minds. This speaks volumes for the integrity and humanity of our Army. Other nations would have surely executed him on the spot, but not us. We treated him humanely and gave him his day in court, then we executed him. Well the Iraqis did, not us, officially. But you know what I mean. It was more than he deserved. And I'm sure he is paying for it now and for all eternity. The world is better without him alive.
On to another political topic, Benazir Bhutto. I don't know too much about her, only what I have read in the last few days, but I can say I am sad that she is dead. She stood for family, peace, and democracy, so of course she had to die, right? God forbid that part of the world allow a WOMAN to come to power. She held the office of Prime Minister of Pakistan for several years before she was overpowered. I believe that if she was able to come to power again, things might be different int he future. She was a non-violent person, who only wanted peace and prosperity for her country. And they killed her for it. Of course.
Here's a few articles if you're interested in what kind of woman Benazir Bhutto was:
Fox article
Daily Mail Article
And just how did her supporters honor her memory? Why, with violence and death in the streets, of course! I just don't get it. And it's not just in the middle east, it's here too. Anytime we don't get our way, we react with violence! MLK killed? Riot! Rodney King beaten? Riot! OJ arrested? RIOT! (don't get me started on that). I just don't understand how you can protest violence with violence. That's like beating your kid for him hitting his little sister! It makes no sense. I really fear for the future of our world. What are we doing? Our kids will have to pay for all of this. What kind of mess are we leaving for them?
I know I don't usually get all political on this blog, but sometimes I have strong opinions that just need to be vented. I won't do it again anytime soon, I promise.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Hussein and Bhutto
Posted by Military Mom at 1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Amen to all this! you said it! I agree with you on this...each and every word.
And hey- it is your blog, you feel free to vent about whatever you want!
I'd have to say that the reason we're such violent people is because there are men in charge. I'm not sure if women were the dominant gender if we would fight so much. Honestly, I don't even understand the entire theory on war. Hmmm, so I'm annoyed at this other country. I'm going to invade the country, and we're going to shoot at one another, and whoever loses the least amount of troops, wins! See?? Doesn't make sense.
Now that's not to say that there aren't wars that are necessary to get rid of evil in our world. But if you look at it logically, war doesn't make a whole lot of sense. ;o)
Here's a question for you -- how come we haven't had a female president yet? We pride ourselves on our progressiveness, yet we can't elect a woman. The Philippines had a female president years and years ago, India has had female prime ministers -- even Britain had Margaret Thatcher! Why are we so behind in this?
Bluesleepy: I agree with you about having women in charge, however there have been some pretty violent tribes in the past! But I think in today's times it would be an improvement. About the female president thing, I think if we had a female candidate that is competent, we would elect her. We are ready for her, but I think we'll get a minority pres before a female one. If you think about it, we haven't had a woman run for president yet. Geraldine Ferarro ran for VP, but that's it. If we had a candidate worthy, I would vote for her, but I think electing Hillery would be a mistake of Galactic proportions! If Condi Rice ran, I would vote for her. This might be a post in and of itself! Thanks!
I love your strong opinions :)
I don't agree with wars or riots or violence in general unless it's me whooping some toerag's ass of course ;) It's a shame that she was murdered and it's a shame that people aren't more proactive about their feelings. They could do something good or productive in her name but instead they do exactly what she was against.
We've had female presidents over here since I was a kid although the presidents here don't have any power. We wouldn't have too many riots either but we're a small country and guns aren't legal over here so you can't really compare us to other places. I mean, we have our own crap going own, it isn't all buttercups and daisies.
I always seem to read things like Americans won't vote for a woman because she wouldn't have the balls to nuke another country. I would prefer somebody that had the balls to say no to a war even though the pressure is on them to take the easy way out and destroy innocent people.
Have you heard the rumors that the US government is behind the assasination of Bhutto?? I don't know about that but honestly nothing surprises me when it comes to politics.
lunanik: I haven't heard that theory yet, but it wouldn't surprise me too much. I read that our support of her was limited. I have always been a Bush supporter, but I am about ready to chuck all politicians at this point.
Post a Comment