BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Introductions!

Here's a little about me-I am a Technical Sergeant in the US Air Force. I have 3 kids ages 12, 9, and 5, and a husband that I truly adore. I am one of those women who was not meant to be a stay at home parent, but I admire and support those that are. I seem to thrive on stress and pressure, and I love being under the gun (though I rarely admit it). My husband is a Netork Specialist, but is taking a year or so to be a stay at home Dad, and he is really good at it. I don't know what I would do without him, really. He keeps the family running smooth when I am off being an Airman and getting educated. I am a college student as well. I love to read and watch movies in my spare time.


In case I haven't mentioned it, I'm a wannabe fitness nut. The problem is, I am just not that good at it. My fitness goals right now is to be able to run 1.5 miles in under 14 minutes and lose 20 lbs. Now for the average Air Force woman, this is not a problem. I, on the other hand, have had a slow start. I average about 4 workouts a week, running approximately 2 miles at a time. This has been going on for about 3 years now, and I have lost a grand total of 5 lbs. 5 lbs in 3 years! Clearly, I am doing something wrong. I have come to realize that the mind is willing, but the body is weak. So I have decided that starting tomorrow, I will up the workouts to 5-6 a week, and cut out all soft drinks completely, which shouldn't be too hard; I barely have them now. I will also drink at least 4 bottles of water a day, and try to cut out the sweets. I say try, because I am a chocolate junkie from way back, and that is my one real vice. Hey, some smoke, I crave chocolate.

I know that this seems like a pretty grand gesture for a busy woman such as myself, but I will certainly give it all that I can. Some support in the form of web friends and comments would be a tremendous boost. I hope this site will give me a place to have interaction with others about being a working mom, books, movies, and life in general. Feel free to leave comments and let's get a dialogue going!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record...she forgot to add that she is a Great Sister, and I'm such Mom would agree, a great daughter! I love you!!!