Can you even believe it has been almost 3 months since my last post? Am I a slacker, or what?
I have been pretty busy the last couple of months, and work has been crazy, but that's not really an excuse. I guess I just haven't really had that much to blog about. But it occurred to me that a few of you that actually care might think I was deployed or something, so I decided to do a catch up post.
I am most definitely NOT deployed. Nope, I am still sitting here in Minot ND, day in and day out, and wishing for a new assignment. We have been here for over 4 years now, and we are SO ready to go somewhere new. We have always had a nomadic lifestyle, my husband and I (which is why the Air Force is great for us). We get antsy and want to move around the 2 year mark, so we are way overdue. Italy...please?
School is going good. I just finished up Accounting II, and I have 15 classes to go until I get my degree. I signed up for Economics and Intro to Guidance and Counseling for next semester. Should be way more interesting than last. Someone mentioned to me last week that I seem to be a natural guidance counselor because I am always trying to get my troops to go to school. Maybe I have a future in it?
I just signed ANOTHER four years of my life away this week. Although I know it is what I was meant to do, and I don't regret it for a minute, I still think "man, I could have been a civilian by the end of August. I could have changed all of our lives with the stroke of a pen." I always start thinking about that before each re-enlistment. And then I go and do the right thing and re-up anyway. I guess I just too hooked on the secure paycheck, housing, medical insurance, benefits thing. Oh well, we survived 12 years, we can surely survive 8 more.
For those of you who were paying attention all those months ago, I did not make my stripe this year. Next year I will for sure. It's my own fault, I just didn't put in the study time this year.
I am not so fond of my blog layout anymore. I really love the header that Just a Girl made for me, but I am a little wierded out that those people up there are not me and my kids. Maybe I should try to make a new one. And the blue cammo? No, now really, what WAS I thinking? Time for a change I think; maybe I can inspire myself to get back into blogging.
Pam from Random Thoughts sent me a lovely gift this weekend. A few months ago, she ran a contest on her blog that the first few people that left a comment would get a homemade gift from her. Well she went and MADE me some really pretty earrings. They look like blue pearls; very pretty. Thanks Pam, you totally rock Girl! Thanks for reminding me why I ever started blogging in the first place, to meet awesome people like you.
Although I haven't blogged or left comments in a long time, I have been keeping up with my feed reader everyday. I miss all of you guys, so I may be around a lot more now that school is out for awhile. I hope I didn't lose all of my readers, and I hope you had patience with me.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Am I still welcome?
Posted by Military Mom at 5:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh YAY!! You updated! I have missed hearing about you and your family, and I am thrilled to know you're doing just fine. It's a shame about the stripe; hopefully you'll make it next year. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. My husband's up for another star (E-8 in the Navy) in January; I really have no clue how it's going to go. We just found out he's over the body fat limit, so now he's on mandatory PT.... I just hope it doesn't ruin his chances for promotion. *crosses fingers*
PS! I was watching the Food Network one day, and I think it was one of those Challenge shows. One of the people featured on the show was a servicemember from Minot!! I totally thought of you, and wondered if you knew him. Wouldn't that be COOL?!
Blue-was that the cookie challenge? I saw that one too, it was first run a couple of years ago. I do not know that Airman personally, but they ran an article in the base paper about him back then. Good luck to your hubby for his star. I know all about the weight restrictions, I was privy to that after my last kid was born, and it was humiliating to say the least. But he can do it, I know, with a supportive wife like you. I missed you so much, and I have been reading everyday. Good to hear from you!
I like the new look! AND I'm glad you are back!
I've been away from bloggerland for a while as well due to life in general. :) Maybe we can make our comeback together.
Oh, honey. I'm so glad you're back! I had wondered what had happened, and had meant to e-mail, but life interfered. I figured, though, that if something had happened (deployment, etc) that you would let us know.
So glad you're getting a break from school! :)
I am so glad to see a post from you! Hurray! Glad to hear you are hanging in there and it is just life getting in the way and not anything awful! I've missed you!
Post a Comment