I was going to blog about what a great day this is, and all the important things in history that happened on March 27th. So I went online and looked it up, only to realize, that March 27th is a pretty boring kind of day.
So instead I went to my blog roll, and discovered that today is a very important day to other bloggers too. Today is Just A Girl's anniversary; and NATUI is celebrating her birthday!
But to me, this day is super important. Because on this day, 15 years ago in 1993, Wonderdad and I tied the knot! 15 years!
In the last 15 years, we have lived in 5 different states and 10 different houses, drove 9 different cars, had 3 kids, 4 cats, 4 dogs, numerous fish, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Also along the way we have had numerous jobs that have run the gamut from delivering pizza, high tech computers, answering phones, traveling to remote Alaskan villages, and enlisting in the AF.
We are nothing if not an ever changing family. Honestly, change is the only constant in our lives. We have been extremely poor and eating homemade popcorn for dinner every night. We have also been very comfortable to the point we ate out 5 nights a week. We have had our highs, and also our very lows. We have paid our dues, and we have learned from each and every mistake.
But the one thing that has not, nor ever will change, is the love and devotion between us. We are not perfect by any means, and we have our days where I'm sure we want to tear each other's hair out. But in 15 years I have learned a few things. He is the only person I want to share the rest of my life with. He is the only person I want to grow old with. I am not me without him. I simply love him.
And we are invincible.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
On My Anniversary
Posted by Military Mom at 7:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Congrats and Happy Anniversary!
Happy anniversary! That's so awesome to hear you've been together so long, especially considering the divorce rate of service members. You two really need to give yourselves a huge pat on the back!!!
Happy Anniversary! 15 years is awesome!
Congrats on the big 15. And I have to admit, that I am selfishly glad it was yesterday, because sometimes, anniversaries tend to muck up things on game night :O
Awwww! Happy Anniversary! I have not ever really heard of anything going on on my bday either so I am glad to see something cool like this! Hope you had a great one!!
HOW SWEET! Happy anniversary hon! You guys deserve this 15 and 85 more! :-)
Congratulations! Sounds like you have a great relationship!
Happy Anniversary! Hope there are many more to be celebrated!
Congrats! Happy Anniversary!!
Congratulations!
A partridge? And a pear tree? I'm so jealous! ;-)
Post a Comment