Well friends, finally it's the big day, and I can honestly say that though we had a nice day, I'm glad it's over. My daughter woke up several times throughout the night, but we all finally got up for good around 0830. Every one of the kids got some really nice things, and they were all happy. And on a pretty modest budget too. As for me, I got a nice new Rachel Ray cookbook from my brother and sister-in-law. My husband and rarely get each other gifts for Christmas, but we get a few things when the tax return comes, so I'll be able to go shopping then. Also, I got a couple of sweet gift certificates to a day spa in town (from my wonderful friends), so Wonderdad and I will be getting a couples massage in a few weeks! That is the best gift of all, just the chance to get to do something that we both can enjoy. My mother sent some Wal-Mart cards, and we used them on the kids. That was so helpful! Last night we went to my brother's house for dinner (excellent), and it was great to spend time with the family. Can you believe we live about 5 blocks away, and we see each other only a few times a year? That is just lazy folks. And I know I'll regret it the minute one of us gets a new assignment. I hope to change that this year.
After a long weekend, I'll be back to work tomorrow, but maybe not for whole days. We'll see. I have a lot to do before our next inspection (seems like they never end, right?). I'll be back tomorrow, I'm sure. I love short weeks, and another 4 day weekend! Later!

2 comments:
Glad you had a nice day! You deserve to have a relaxing and nice day. Enjoy the short week and the long weekend!
Happy xmas and New Year :D
Post a Comment