BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Random Stuff

I have to say, there's just not a whole lot to write about today, so here are a few random things (I was gonna say thoughts, but I didn't want Pam to think I was a copy-cat!).

1. I know I sound whiny, but it is just damn cold up here. You would think that I would be used to it by now, we've been here 3.5 years, but I just can't get used to it. Every year I hold onto denial until the first snowfall. It held out a long time this year, but here I am still whining. But the geisha over there is saying 1 degree F right now (7:45 pm, or 1945 for Cardiogirl, wink wink). I think that qualifies as too dang cold. That's ambient. The windchill is -21 F. I can't believe I have at least another 5 months of this. Luckily I have a nice office job right now. My poor brother works out on the flightline up here, and I feel so bad for him. I nag him about wearing his gloves and stuff and I know he hates it, but I have fears of his fingers freezing and falling off! There's an attitude up here that if you wear your parka you are a wimp who can't handle the cold. BS. When it comes to freezing, I have no pride!
2. My cute little sister, Little Diver, and I got to talk on the phone tonight! Yeah big whoop, you might say, right? Well to me it is a very big deal! We talk online all the time but we almost never talk on the phone, so it was really nice to just hear her voice. Love you, Sis!
3. I love this time of year because of all the cheesy Christmas movies I get to watch! Tonight it's The Christmas List. The kids just watched the Shrek the Halls and Grinch specials. I love all those movies! I think my favorite TV movie is One Magic Christmas. This movie is sad right up till the last few minutes, but I think my brothers and sister and I watched it every year growing up (you know, after it was made). It's the one with Mary Steenburgen as the Mom who hates Christmas because they are poor, so the Angel makes her lose her husband and kids to prove how much she's got. Cheesy I know, but I love the cheese! I also love The Christmas Story, otherwise known as The Little Ralphie Movie in this house. I love the dad in that movie! He cracks me up even though I've seen it about 100 times. We watch it all day every Christmas when they do the 24 hour marathon, it never gets old. Wonderdad gets bored after about 20 minutes though...
4. Speaking of movies, I watched Beauty Shop the other night. Let me ask you this, is there any woman in the world more beautiful than Queen Latifah??? She just oozes class in my book, and her skin just glows. I think the thing that makes her beautiful to me (besides her looks) is the fact that she seems so comfortable and confident in her skin. It's nice to see a classy lady like her that doesn't look like a stick.

OK, that's enough for tonight. Maybe I'll be more inspired tomorrow. Have a good night, and bundle up!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Hey, you can steal my random thoughts anytime you like! ;) Like I tell my 2nd graders - they are just copying you because they like you! ;) I agree that it is freaking cold where you are! I could NEVER do that. I complain that it is cold here and it is not that cold yet. I would hate-hate-hate it. I love the summer. Anyhoo....I'm all about the Christmas movies too. I love that I get to watch them now with Ashlyn. Fun stuff! Stay warm!!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, I looooove Christmas Story and White Christmas. And I completely agree that Queen Latifah is a very beautiful woman. I wish I could be as comfortable in my skin as she is in hers.

Well, you may hate me, but my atomic clock/weather station is saying 40 degrees F outside suburban Atlanta tonight. Sorry...

Anonymous said...

I think Queen Latifah is very beautiful. I know people don't think of her that way because of her weight but ain't nothing as attractive as somebody that is confident and comfortable with themselves. She has a great smile too - it's nice to see other people can see it :)

Anonymous said...

You know, I STILL had to do the math even though you figured it out for me!

I was like OH! She mentioned me BY NAME!! Cool!! Then, wow it was that cold at 7:45 in the morning.

Wait. She said pm. That's at night. OHHHH!!! She added the 12 hours for me. Okay, it was 12 + 7 = 19. It was 1945.

Hello I am math challenged. This is why I was a journalism major. Absolutely no math required.

Thanks for walking me through MM!

Cricky said...

I'm not a christmas movie or music kind of girl. I prefer classical christmas music to any of it. The geisha says -6 for you right now...I'm very very sorry you have to deal with that kind of torture.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I am sorry you are freezing your tush off. It has hit the high twenties here--so I guess I can't really complain about that. Snuggle under those blankets and enjoy those movie with a mug of something warm.

Little Diver said...

Thank you sooo much for the cute little sister thing!!! I needed a pick me up!!! I love you and hate that you are freezing to death!!!

Anonymous said...

1 degree? I just had to let my dog in because he was shivering so badly and it's only 50 degrees outside. Stay warm and don't worry about nagging your brother. Better to have fingers than pride!

(I also think Queen Latifah is extremely beautiful and Beauty Shop is one of my favorite movies.)