BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm done whining now...you can come back

Wow, yesterday's post sounded really whiny, didn't it? I'm sorry. I told you today would be a better day.



We got our first little bit of snow this morning. Just a little flurry and no accumulation, but it reminded me that once again, the wintertime is upon us. I have been in denial for the last few weeks because of the warm temperatures here. Usually by mid-October we have had a good snow and the temps are below freezing. But its been in the high 40s and low 50s lately. SO NICE! I know it won't last, and we are doomed to 6 months of frozen, snowy, dreary, dark days. Can you tell I'm a southern girl at heart?



On the up side, it's the season for hot chocolate and blankets on the couch with chick movies. I love that, and the kids do too. They get so excited at the first real snow, and its cool to watch. I am so focused on the bad side of snow and winter that their optimism and cheerfulness is nice to see. Wonderdad just loves winter. Me, not so much.



Work is so busy lately. We are preparing for 4 really big inspections, and I have no doubt that we will do great. Having said that, I know that I have to really put in the time and effort to make that happen. I know that this means I may have to work overtime and maybe weekends, but that's the nature of the job. Unfortunately serving means its not always a 7 to 4 workday. Thank goodness the holidays are coming up to break up the long workdays. I can't take leave this year like usual, and I hope the kids and Wonderdad don't hold a grudge. Maybe we can actually take a vacation next summer. I was gone all this past summer, and they had to go on vacation to the lake house without me. :(



You know that little roll of fat that just hangs out right above your pants on your back and sides? What is with that? And just how can you get rid of it (without liposuction)?I've been noticing it more lately, but I'm not gaining weight. On the other hand, I'm not losing weight either. Could it be that I notice it more because I am losing inches in my abs? Do you think that fat can migrate from one area of the body to another? Just some of the random junk that runs through my head.



I do plan to run tonight after dinner, so I will be able to add at least 1 mile to the ticker, maybe 2, we'll see. Tomorrow is Friday, then a 3 day weekend! Yeah!



Have a good night, Y'all! (See, the southern girl is still here somewhere)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey if you figure out how to get rid of that roll of fat..let me know. I have lost 17 pounds recently and I still have that roll. I can't seem to get it to go away.

The first snow is so magical when you are a kid..I tend to be like you and think that it is just the beginning of a long, dark, cold season that I am not ready for.

Enjoy the long weekend!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a little bit of snow right about now. I am beginning to wonder if winter (or fall for that matter) will ever get here!