BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday

Today I timed a co-worker that ran the 1.5 mile in 9:28. Can you say "WOW!" After the testing, I went and did my own workout, and I managed to run 1.5 miles, walk 1 mile, and do 50 sit ups. Not bad. I think I need to step it up a little bit. Maybe run more and walk less. I'll cop to a soda today though, because I really needed caffeine after a particularly nasty meeting. But other than that, not a bad day. My friend wants me to go to a turbo kick class tomorrow. We'll see. I hear the skinny nazi that teaches it is murder!

And I have officially declared hot tea with sugar NOT JUNK FOOD.

Why is it that men naturally run faster than women? I mean, I know there are some really fast women out there, but in general, and especially in my experience, men are faster than women. They usually carry more muscle mass, and are heavier, so why? Just wondering. Sometimes I find it incredibly unfair that men are taller, stronger, and faster than most women. Why did God make us so different? Why do men lose weight at a faster rate than women do? And why do women have to be twice as smart as men to be considered half as valuable? Just points I have been pondering today.

I guess what started it all is when I realized today that I cannot recall working with a female Senior NCO in a long time. I know women tend to not stick with maintenance fields, but I have also known a few that have retired as Junior NCOs. I did work for a lady a few years ago that actually made it to Senior Master Sergeant, SMSgt Denise Spivey. I really did not like her when I first met her, but I realized she was a hard-ass because she had to be to get respect. Now that she is retired, I realize she was the person I model my career after, and I really miss her. This year I finally got a female commander, and it was really nice. Not that she was any better as a commander because just she was female, it was just nice to see a woman with power and position in such a male dominated career. And now she's gone, reassigned or forced to retire because of other people's mistakes. Nice. Kind of makes me feel lucky to not be an officer. At least I pretty much control my career, not others.

I promise to be more upbeat tomorrow, sorry. I am feeling pretty mighty after running today, so maybe the night can be salvaged after all! Night!

0 comments: