BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Old (and not so old) Movie reviews

Once again, it's Monday, and once again, I fell short of the 5 mile run last week. I got to 3.25 miles on Thursday, then I totally crapped out! What the heck? Oh well, start again today. My sister (Little Diver) is kicking butt with her workouts this week, and I need to catch up.

Today was one long headache. I pretty much had to spend the whole day with Sergeant Sneezy (so called because he sneezes. A lot. And he never covers his mouth!). When I wasn't with him, I had to be on the computer learning all about how to be a Resource Advisor. Snore. I have no idea why my commander thought I would be good at managing the squadron's money. I hate money (unless its mine) and all of the rules and regulations confuse me. The laws and punishments scare me. But I'll get the hang of it soon, and it will be fine. Until then, I'm living on Advil.

As we speak, my living room is filled to the brim with clean laundry. Good thing, right? I am very glad that I was able to get so much washed yesterday, but I really wish my kids would take it upon themselves to put their clothes away. I spent pretty much the whole day watching movies in the living room and folding clothes. I watched "Memoirs of a Geisha", "What Dreams May Come", and "Flicka".

Memoirs of a Geisha is just an outstanding movie. The story is incredibly moving, and you are sucked in from the start. I read the book last year, and it was excellent. It was written by Arthur Golden, I highly recommend it. I loved that there were no big name American actors in it. Having all unknown actors and perfect settings really made me feel like I really was in 1930s Japan.

What Dreams May Come is possibly the best performance Robin Williams has ever been in. I don't know why this movie was not more of a big deal when it was new; it makes me cry every time. I don't really know if it was based on a novel, but I'm gonna find out. If the movie is this good, the book is bound to be amazing. I can't tell you how beautiful the movie was, the visual, the movie, and the story itself was so compelling. It really makes you think about the afterlife.

Flicka was pretty good, but not one that I watch over and over. Tim McGraw was good as an actor, and Allison Lohan was really good, but the story just didn't grab me. Maybe I should have read the book when I was little.

So another weekend wasted watching a few of my favorite movies, and trying to get babygirl's tooth out of her head (yes, it was very loose). She actually pulled her own tooth out! Just reached in and yanked it out. This of course after about 5 hours of drama and convincing her to let us try. So brave!

OK, well enough of movie reviews and whatnot, I need to go up and work out. The treadmill awaits! Have a good night!

0 comments: