I decided that Mondays really suck, so to put things in perspective, I will list 10 things I am thankful or grateful for. Maybe this will be an every Monday thing. Let's see...
1. It was over 70 degrees here on Minot AFB today. I know the days of not wearing a coat this year are numbered, and I am dreading it. Wonderdad, of course, can't wait for the winter. Crazy how opposites attract, huh?
2. Babygirl really made me laugh today when she snuck in a wet willie on me while we were tickling. Of course, I probably deserved it after the atomic wedgie I snuck on her...sneaky sneaky...
3. My good friend gave me a huge bag of his daughter's clothes that she had outgrown. Now Babygirl has PLENTY of clothes for the winter, and we don't have to buy a thing (except for gloves and a hat)! Thanks, Jake!
4. Leftover Lasagna for lunch today!!! Whoo hoo!
5. Had a relaxing weekend! We even took the kids to the Air Museum for a bit of history and culture and they had a blast!
6. Kids eat free Monday at JR Rockers. Yeah I know I bitched about it last week, but you just can't beat dinner for 5 for under $20 AND not having to cook or clean!
7. Twitches is on Disney tonight, so Babygirl is totally happy and occupied, so I get a break!
8. Oldest Boy got 100% on his Geography test! What a relief, now if he could just bring up the Science grade...
9. Middle Boy didn't grumble too much about having to go out to eat instead of playing outside with his friend. And no inappropriate sounds were made at the restaurant tonight! I'm calling that a victory!
10. One more day where everyone was happy, healthy, and here. And really what more can you ask for? Every day you get to say hello to a dear friend instead of goodbye is a great day. Those are more rare around here than you might think.
OK, maybe its hokey, but I wanted to put a positive spin on what is notoriously a rotten day. Maybe this will remind me that nothing that bothers me at work is so important that I can't enjoy my family and friends. I am a lucky and blessed woman, and I need to remember that.
The weekend was good, and I feel like we got a lot done. The Air museum here in Minot has a full scale replica of the Wright Brother's flyer (above). That is an awesome sight and to think of how far we have come is incredible. The Air Force has evolved so much over the last 60 years, and I am so proud to be a part of it. Can't wait to see what the next 20 years has in store. I probably couldn't even dream of it yet. Below is the F-22 Raptor, one of the newest fighter jets.I am trying to teach myself how to play the guitar. Why? Because I can, so why not? We'll see how that goes, should be interesting.
Have a great week everyone. Here's to another week of WARM (yes I am in denial) and sunny weather, and peaceful evenings!

2 comments:
Happy to see he made a 100 on his test! Remember when you took guitar lessons???? and singing lessons???? I love you!
Actually I never took guitar lessons, but I had a guitar for awhile. I do remember the lessons I took for singing, and they were crazy. All she would let me sing was crap opera and I hated it! Anyway, I love you too Sis!
Post a Comment